Friday 17 January 2014

a Vintage Freestyle Collage kind of card!

Hello!!
How are you? Are you having a good week? I've had a busy one, emptying my craftroom ready to add some new staorage and a new desk! I can't wait to see how it will look! Of course, more storage means more room for stamps lol!

Anyway, here is a card I am particularly pleased with! I tried to make it 2 nights ago, but came to a standstill with it. You see, I wanted to make a card to enter the challenge at the brand new challenge blog, The Card Concept, using this picture for inspiration...

...but every time I tried, it seemed to go wrong! I wanted soft flowers and girliness, but it didn't go that way. Anyway, enough waffle...here is my card...


I used various stamps sets here...Simply Sketched for the sentiment, Happy Day for the medallion and Elements of Style for the bird. I fussy cut them both using my super sharp paper snips...I love them so much I have 2 pairs...a ribbon pair and paper pair!


I embossed the banner and the corner of the sentiment panel with Lacy Brocade EF, and the background is using Crumb Cake DSP (ret). I finished with Linen Thread, and some Liquid Pearls (not SU)

I said before that I'm entering at Card Concept. Well I also have to state what style of card I have gone with, and for this one I'm going with Freestyle Collage. The colours inspired me to go with a kind of vintage look too. I also used the sketch at Sweet Sunday too...



Stampin' Up! supplies used

Happy DaySimply SketchedElements of Style Stamp Brush Set Digital Download  Blushing Bride Stampin' Write MarkerEarly Espresso Stampin Write Marker - by Stampin' Up!Baked Brown Sugar Classic Stampin' PadLacy Brocade Textured Impressions Embossing FolderLinen Thread - by Stampin' Up!Paper Snips - by Stampin' Up!

Please click on the pictures to buy direct from my online store.

I'm off to Ikea tonight to buy some Expedits and Linmon (or something like that!) to transform my craftroom into an organised workspace! I shall post the pics when I've done! :)

Have a fab day...it's Friday! 



7 comments:

  1. This is fabulous :) love the layers n twine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Lizt, luv your blog and the design.....cute card, fabby embossing! so glad you played along with us at Card Concept!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lizy you did Freestyle Collage beautifully. Thank you so much for joining us for the first Card Concept challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and so perfect for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful lizy.i love the hummingbird and gorgeous pretty design and colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It didn't turn out how you planned but it did turn out beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Lizy! You combined some gorgeous images; love the use of the medallion-I have that set and have yet to figure out how to use it-thanks for the inspiration! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting today and for your valued comments!

Lizy x